Pinch & Reid is a professional accounting firm with offices in Powell River and Courtenay/Comox in British Columbia. We specialize in owner operated businesses with revenues under $10 million and a service focus toward financial statement preparation, tax planning and business consulting.
In addition to traditional accounting and tax work, we also offer business consulting services oriented toward improving your cash flow, maximizing revenues and improving business process and management. Many business owners also want support in managing their information systems and practical matters from financing to asset replacement.
At Pinch & Reid we have developed a code of conduct for all professionals and staff:
- Understanding, trust and loyalty
- Personal contact with a partner in our firm
- Confidential meeting so we can meet you, and you can understand our style and culture
- Commitment to continued professional development for all partners and staff
- A desire to build long-term relationships
- Our commitment to stay on the leading edge of technical hardware, software and best practices
In developing long-term relationships, we also have expectations from you:
- Your commitment to embrace us as your business partner
- You must find regular financial reporting and review appealing and essential to the success of your business
- Be willing to meet and discuss matters regularly
- Be interested in leading edge technical solutions, sustainable reporting practices and electronic communications
- Willingness to consider all relevant strategies and tax planning methods
- Be respectful of laws and regulations
- Be willing to listen to advice offered and open to retrospective change
Michael (Mike) Pinch
Michael (Mike) received the Chartered Accountant designation in 1970 after a five year term of articles. While he has spent more than thirty years in public practice, he has experience with Canada Revenue Agency and in industry as a Controller and financial manager. For the past nine years Mike has focused on providing small businesses and individuals with financial and tax advice, including estates and tax compliance requirements for non-residents of Canada.
Kel has over 20 years of progressively senior accounting and managerial experience. He brings a unique skill set having worked in public and private accounting firms across such industries as oil and gas, private equity and management consulting. His entrepreneurial spirit, outgoing attitude and love of technology result in a dynamic contribution to the partnership.