About Reid Hunter - Business Accountants in Courtenay & Powell River, British Columbia
Reid Hunter is a professional accounting firm with offices in Powell River and Courtenay/Comox in British Columbia. We specialize in owner operated businesses with revenues under $10 million and a service focus toward financial statement preparation, tax planning and business consulting.
In addition to traditional accounting and tax work, we also offer business consulting services oriented toward improving your cash flow, maximizing revenues and improving business process and management. Many business owners also want support in managing their information systems and practical matters from financing to asset replacement.
At Reid Hunter we have developed a code of conduct for all professionals and staff:
- Understanding, trust and loyalty
- Personal contact with a partner in our firm
- Confidential meeting so we can meet you, and you can understand our style and culture
- Commitment to continued professional development for all partners and staff
- A desire to build long-term relationships
- Our commitment to stay on the leading edge of technical hardware, software and best practices
In developing long-term relationships, we also have expectations from you:
- Your commitment to embrace us as your business partner
- You must find regular financial reporting and review appealing and essential to the success of your business
- Be willing to meet and discuss matters regularly
- Be interested in leading edge technical solutions, sustainable reporting practices and electronic communications
- Willingness to consider all relevant strategies and tax planning methods
- Be respectful of laws and regulations
- Be willing to listen to advice offered and open to retrospective change
Kel has over 25 years of progressively senior accounting and public practice experience. He brings a unique skill set having worked in public and private accounting firms across such industries as oil and gas, private equity and management consulting. His entrepreneurial spirit, outgoing attitude, and affection toward technology results in a dynamic contribution to the partnership.
Amanda studied accounting and business at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology at the JR Shaw School of Business and proceeded to work in public practice as an auditor. Upon completing her Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA) in May 2016, she found her true passion - working with small businesses. With 10 years of public practice experience, Amanda enjoys the diversity it brings, working with both individuals and businesses, as well as providing a range of consultation services from financial accounting to taxation. Working at Reid Hunter is a great fit, both personally and professionally. Amanda moved to the West Coast in 2014 and loves the communities and everything they offer - from sailing with friends and hiking in the wilderness, to connecting with amazing local businesses.